|Moses in a Basket Handprint Craft|
We had a great first FULL week of school without any illnesses and special events to focus on! If you are interested in the activities I do that are additional to Sonlight, you can follow my Pinterest Boards where I have separate Sonlight Core A pins for 5 weeks at a time. This week's projects are here. The first five weeks of Sonlight Core A can be found on this board.
Some of the highlights of our week were:
- Continuing with our All About Reading lessons and filling in our stars on our Progress Chart,
- Skip counting by 5's in Math-U-See,
- Learning about the early life of Moses and doing the Moses in a Basket Craft
- Flipping eggs with sight words on the back,
- Reading Surprise Island- the second book in the Boxcar series,
- Learning about St. Patrick, St. Augustine and Boniface as missionaries,
- And last but not least, Lily got her part in our homeschool co-op's Christmas Play! She will be Cindy Rella...one of the toys in the story. She has about 9 lines and can't wait to practice them and go to her practice every Tuesday afternoon.
|All About Reading Progress Chart|
We loved watching this funny cartoon from Veggie Tales about the story of St. Patrick..it really helped the kids to remember who he was.
|Sight Words- Egg Flip Practice|
This upcoming week, we will be exploring the 10 Commandments, Medieval Times
(going to try a Lapbook), Starting Here's a Penny, telling time, and more All About Reading Lessons! For the future, I am scheduling a field trip to go to the Medieval Faire near us called Camelot Days, in November! Should be a fun week!